2009年4月1日 星期三

In memory of Leslie

At the moment of Leslie leaving us, I was playing badminton at the Police Recreation Club. Later, I heard the radio news reporter saying something that was hard to believe but had to! It was a full stop to one's life and a huge exclamation mark to all of us!

He was the first real idol that would make me crazy, but just a bit! We were still F.1 at that time and we needed to do something for the Xmas talent show. There should be six of us, good friends at that time, innocent but dare to show our real selves, when we performed one of his famous, popular songs, "Don't want to sleep (無心睡眠)". Let me see, it should be me, Maria, Miriam, Kitty, Fiona and who else? Would that be Carol? Just can't remember! We were so familiar with all the gestures used in the song and of course the song itself! In the end, we were, of course, not regarded as "talented" in this talent show but "rebellious" instead, I guess! It was supposed to have one performance from each class, but we had two because we couldn't tolerate the idea of singing "the Greatest Love of all" on stage. I remember for the rest of the class, they sang this song and, for sure, they were just like the very traditional, obedient, delicated, little roses in the eyes of all the teachers! I was proud not to be one, I was, guess what, a wild one, a more beautiful, colourful but tough one! (But it paid!)

The rent for my house in THA was just $100 a month and I would spend about $200 for a ticket of his concert, can you imagine? It was the idea of Dora. To my surprise, I found fans around me were crazier that they really needed to take pills! Were we still F.1 students? It was my first time to go for a concert. I got very excited and took lots of pics of him though I still wondered why he crept on the floor in his very tight swimming suit for a whole song!
The second concert was in 2001. I remember I went with Maria and who else? I couldn't believe the long-haired man was the one that I had loved before! Anyway, I was impressed by his song "Me" (我). Later, I understood why and what had happened to him.
He had a beautiful soul and wouldn't dare to hurt others but unfortunately, himself. He was the one and only who had such charisma on stage. He was gifted and real "talented".
I've learnt that we have to be consistent in and out and shouldn't hide the real me for long. I should voice out what I want and who I am. I should defend for myself with thorns whenever it's necessary!

沒有留言:

張貼留言