2009年6月19日 星期五

5 people you meet in heaven

Last night, I watched "Five People You Meet in Heaven" with honey husband. Actually, when I tried to find the book, I've discovered that it was bought in October, 2004. I remember I was working at NP2C at that time and only finished reading the first chapter. After that, this book was put right away.

It's really a nice, inspiring film. I think I prefer watching films to reading, most of the time. I quite enjoy the visual stimulation and presentation of the book. (Maybe I am lazy to have the imagery in my mind!) And I wonder who I will meet in heaven. I told HH that I will meet I a little bird that I killed when I was very small. I felt guilty of it. I tried to take it for a bath and drown it. How evil I was! Little bird, I am sorry!

Just like what the Bible mentions, you will bring the unfinished business to heaven. If the heaven is like what is being shown in the film, that's quite nice. The five people will help you figure out the question marks in life and untangle your mess, frustrations and worries in life and finally, you will be set free as a bird (maybe a Fung Wang) and go back to Lord father with love.

My Favourite Quotations:
  • "We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves."
  • "All the people you meet here have one thing to teach you." Eddie was skeptical. His fists stayed clenched. "What?" he said. "That there are no random acts. That we are all connected. That you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."
  • "Fairness doesn't govern life and death. For if it did, no good man would ever die young."
  • "It is because the spirit knows deep down that all lives intersect. That death doesn't just take someone, it misses someone else. And in that small distance, lives are changed."
    "One withers, another grows."
  • "Each affects the other and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."
  • "Strangers," the Blue Man said,"are just family you have yet to come to know."
  • "No life is a waste," the Blue Man said. "The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone."
  • "All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped."
  • "That's what heaven is. You get to make sense of your yesterdays."

沒有留言:

張貼留言